What’s your favourite jacket? Do you prefer the traditional look of tweed or are you more comfortable in a classic leather jacket?
If you’ve got an occasion to go to, it can be tricky to know which style men’s jacket to wear. Not to mention, it’s hard to know what the different names for men’s jacket styles even mean. Here are our top tips for choosing a suit jacket.
- There’s no formula for ‘the perfect jacket’. As long as it fits you well and works with your personal style, you’ll feel confident and look great.
- For a modern twist on tailoring, pair a single-breasted suit jacket with non-matching trousers or even jeans.
- A tweed jacket adds a country charm to any occasion, and can be dressed up as a full suit or worn casually.
- A dinner jacket is the only option for black tie events – and the opportunity to feel like 007 should be relished rather than resented.
- Having a well-fitting blazer in your wardrobe that you can throw over anything from jeans and a t-shirt to chinos and a white oxford shirt is a must.
- For everyday wear and dressing down don’t be afraid to go casual with a bomber, Harrington, or even leather or denim jacket. Just don’t wear it to the office.